Store Review Tips for online shopping
In our busy lifestyle, we do not always have much time to go for traditional shopping and hence online shopping comes as a great alternative. Whether you are new to online shopping or an shopper or a seasoned pro, here are some tips for online shopping. These 10 commandments will help you have a pleasant online shopping experience.
1) Cash on Delivery(COD): COD is one of the best option for online shopping; however not all website provide this option at all locations. Some site have clauses for that also, in terms of minimum and maximum order value,so check that carefully.
For Flipkart.com please type the item on the search bar below and hit search. This will lead you to the product detail page, where if available on COD you can see “with an option to pay Cash on Delivery” next to the Buy This Now button.
Similarly for Pepperfry.com you need to search using the search bar and on the product detail page, find COD,if available, next to the price.
2) Free shipping: Some site has free shipping option for all items irrespective of the price.But some has clause for minimum amount to get free shipping, otherwise they can add a amount as shipping charges. So you have to check that before placing the order. Flipkart.com has free shipping for order value of INR 300/- or more, infibeam.com has free shipping for INR 200/- or more. Pepperfry.com has free shipping for most items with a minimum order value of 1500/-.
3) Online Payment: If you use online payment option to buy, please activate SMS option with your Bank to get that transaction details. It will help you to track that transactions.
4) Virus Protection: We recommend you use your own computer and not a public one(from cyber cafe etc) for online transaction and also ensure that an anti virus software is installed.
5) Contact details: Fill your shipping address and mention correct pin code to get your product faster. Always give valid mobile no. to get order confirmation. Before giving online order, it is very helpful to crate an email account to get all the important communication from the merchant.
6) Location : Please check whether the vendor delivers at your location. Many merchants do not deliver internationally and some take extra charges. So please check all the terms and conditions before placing orders. This can be done using the search bars mentioned above.
7) Cancellation: (a)In COD option, it is relatively simple. Please contact the particular vendor preferable before the item is shipped and ask for cancellation. (b) In online payment option, again you have to call them, but it will take some time to get your money back. Keep in touch with your bank & vendor to follow up.
8) Return: Every site has return policy within a limited period.If you have any issue. Feel free to contact them. They all are always ready to help you.
9) Comparison: Compare the price of that product with other similar web sites, as you do before buying from the market. But be careful about the unknown or below rated web site for your better experience.
10) Offers: Don’t take risk to buy from unknown site especially when it offers extraordinary discount or attractive free gifts. Always cross check with your well wishers about any new site before giving any order. We recommend COD option for the first order in such cases.
If you find these Tips for online shopping useful, we also recommend you to read Tracking Order placed Online.